How We Help Our Premier Members Prepare for Business (or Leisure) Travel
Planning for a Healthy Trip
These days, business travel is a delicate balance between health and career. While travel is an important component to building relationships and doing business, there are health implications to consider that directly link an increase in health issues with frequent business travel.
At The Health Center at Hudson Yards, we recognize the need to ensure our members are properly prepared for travel so they avoid sacrificing their time, their wallet, and most importantly their health.
Protecting Your Health while Traveling
No matter your situation, travel adds a layer of stress and disruption to your daily routine. Whether that be a fragmented sleep schedule, lack of access to nutrient-rich meals, or limited opportunity to incorporate movement and exercise into your day, travel may often be the root cause in the development of poor well-being habits, which can lead to long-term health conditions.
Business travel’s potential as a detractor to long-term public health is generally ignored and under-researched. However, as more frequent flyers begin to report weight gain, insomnia, alcohol dependence, and anxiety, researchers are starting to take a closer look at the correlation between frequent travel with physical and mental health issues.
Looking for the Best in Concierge Medicine?
Support for Our Traveling Members
As a Premier member at The Health Center at Hudson Yards, your care team and concierge physician are available to you around the clock (by phone) to ensure a smooth care experience. We are also available for video visits in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida, and soon, California.
Prior to international travel, we advise you to make an appointment with your dedicated primary care physician at least 30 days from your departure date to understand your health status, as well as any special health considerations about your destination, such as food-borne illnesses, viruses from insects, etc.
During Your Pre-travel Appointment You will Discuss:
- Your itinerary with your dedicated concierge physician to make sure you receive destination-specific vaccines, consultations, and medicines
- Whether you are up-to-date on all routine vaccines
- Necessary prescription refills prior to travel
- Planned activities so your provider can give specific advice and recommendations
Travel plans can be spur of the moment, which is why membership includes same and next-day appointments, same-day PCR testing, and house calls—all managed by your Personal Health Navigator.
The increase in COVID-19 cases on both a national and international scale compounds the risk associated with travel. That being said, certain risk factors can be mitigated when taking the proper precautions. Prior to embarking on travel plans, whether for business or leisure, we recommend:
- Closely monitor the COVID-19 situation at your destination and follow the CDC’s travel guidance and travel recommendations by destination
- Connect with your primary care provider for advice on COVID-19 protocols and a plan of action should you test positive at your destination
- Remain up-to-date on your COVID-19 vaccinations and booster shots
- Wear a well-fitting mask or respirator indoors, in public transportation settings, and in any crowded and/or poorly ventilated settings
Become a Member
We understand that travel will continue to play an integrated role in business. Our role as your trusted health advisor is to put safeguards in place to protect your health so you can continue to succeed in all aspects of life. For us, the patient experience isn’t about checking a box, it is about providing the personalized, topflight health care experience that you deserve. If you are looking for the best in concierge medicine, visit our website or call us at 646.819.5100 to apply for membership.